pondelok, 10. októbra 2011

How to have beautiful nails

I decided to write this article because I want to help those people who don't have beautiful long nails or have damaged and thin nails and want to have long ,strong and healthy nails. Not everybody can have long nails (because of job) but everybody can have healthy nails.
I've written some useful tips and facts which are known in general and I've also shared with you my personal experience. I'm really satisfied with appearance of my nails but it's not just gift from God. I've been caring of them all the time! It doesn't mean that I do manicure everyday! A lot of things you're doing through the day can be reflected on the health of your nails.
I wrote the similar post two months ago but it is more about my nail care routine which I do every time when I paint my nails. I hope you will enjoy this article, you can leave your opinions or another useful tips in comments! So, let's begin!


1. Do your manicure once a week!
Nails are also the part of our body and we should take care of them! It doesn't mean you have to go to professional saloon and get a manicure every week. If you can't afford to get a manicure every week or month, you can still take care of your nails at home. It's cheaper and when you're clever and know how to, it can be the same good as in the professional saloon. I don't go to saloons and I do my nails at home. Honestly, I had professional pedicure just once.  Once a week I do my nail care routine and that's my advice for you. Do it the same! If you forget to care of your nails regularly, you will never achieve nails you want. Proper and regular care equals good nail condition.
2. Wear nail polish all the time!
To protect your nails, you should wear nail polish all the time! The naked nails are more sensitive, thin and it's easier to break them. They're not strong enough and the secret to how to grow nails long is to have strong nails. I never wear my nails without any polish. It's very risky! You can use clear nail polish or when you prefer colored nails, use colors! I recommend two or three coats of any color you like. In my opinion, one coat of clear nail polish is not good protection from breaking them. Except colored or clear nail polishes, there are also available lots of caring polishes. For example, nail hardeners, polishes with vitamins, nail oils, etc. I don't want to recommend any brand because I've not used this type of product but I've not needed it. However, I consider it as a good idea how to strengthen your nails.
3.  Live, eat and be healthy!
Unhealthy nails can indicate an unhealthy person! Your nails' health can be a clue to your overall health. Specific types of nail discoloration and changes in growth rate can signal various lung, heart, kidney and liver diseases, as well as diabetes and anemia. Lack of vitamin A and calcium causing dryness and brittleness. Lack of protein, folic acid and vitamin C causing hang nails.White bands across the nails caused by protein deficiency. A lack of sufficient hydrochloric acid causing splitting nails. Insufficient intake of vitamin B12 leading to excessive dryness, very rounded and curved ends and darkening of nails. Insufficient zinc causing development of white spots on the nails. Red skin around your cuticles can be caused by poor metabolism of essential fatty acids. Nail problems that sometimes require treatment include bacterial and fungal infections, ingrown nails, tumors and warts. I hope you don't have any problems or diseases. However, you always have to live healthy. And to achieve healthy nails, you need to eat the right types of foods. This includes yogurt, milk, fish, eggs, garlic, sweet potatoes, seafood, whole grains, soybeans, spinach, almonds, and whole cereal. You must drink a lot of water of course. Vitamins and minerals are needed. You should also get plenty of calcium, vitamin A, B-complex, D, E, manganese, selenium, zinc, keratin (the protein that makes up your hair and nails) and biotin. The regular healthy diet and healthy lifestyle equal the healthy body, skin, hair and nails of course.
4.  Moisturize!
Moisturize and massage your hands, cuticles and nails. To keep your nails hydrated, moisturize your hands and nails every evening before you go to bed or whenever your hands and nails feel dry. Keep a jar in your purse, desk drawer, car - anywhere you might need it. You can use moisturizers or oils like flax seed oil, Vitamin E, Almond oil, Jojoba oil, Olive oil.  I really recommend also hydrating qualities such as almond extracts, shea butter, seaweed and other plant extracts. Anti-oxidant qualities, such as aloe vera and green and white tea. These ingredients will make your nails stronger. Adding oils high in fatty acids, anti-oxidants and nutrients to a cuticle massage will do wonders to grow your nails faster. Apply oil to clean fresh nails and rub gently into cuticles and nails.  Do not use oils if you plan to polish right away. The oils will need to be removed before painting. In the picture is my hand moisturized with coconut oil.


5. Look after your cuticles!
The cuticle is a barrier that keeps bacteria from the nail.  On the other hand you do want to keep cuticles from becoming overgrown, which suffocates nail growth. If your cuticle has grown out on to the nail plate, after sufficiently softening your cuticles in warm water, very gently use a cuticle pusher to push your cuticles back. You can use orange wood stick or another special tool. As well as pushing your cuticles back this will help to remove dead skin and debris that may have accumulated. Be careful and don't damage them during doing that. Then, don't forget to moisturize.
6. Wear gloves! 
Wear rubber gloves whenever you do housework, wash dishes or work with chemicals. Most household chores, from gardening to scrubbing the bathroom to washing dishes, are murderous on your hand and nails. To protect your digits from dirt and harsh cleaners, cover them with vinyl gloves whenever it's chore time. There are so many beautiful gloves you can purchase.
7. Don't use your nails as tools!  
Your nails are not tools!  Don't use them like hammers, stickers scrapers, chisels, pry bars or  can openers. Behave gentle to your nails. Don't bite your nails when you're nervous. There are many polishes and product which can help you to stop biting the little part of your body. Don't eat your cuticles! When you're hungry, there are so many delicious meals! Don't attack your cuticles! I agree that's not easy to have long nails and write a long letter, type on computer, text messages or put on/off your contact lenses. However, you can learn it. Rather than using your nails use other parts of your hand, or a pen, to perform tasks like dialing the phone. Another dangerous thing for your nails is playing ball games. I don't play volleyball, basketball or any ball sport. Because I don't like it (I do another activities like swimming, skiing, zumba, fitness, speedminton, etc).
8.  Without acetone!
Avoid polish removers with acetone or formaldehyde. I know that removers with acetone are really powerful and effective  but is harsh on skin and nails, and can even make them more brittle. They are terribly drying to nails.  The common alternative is simply called "non-acetone nail polish remover", and usually contains ethyl acetate. It's not so aggressive. So, removers can be nourishing, strengthening and have ingredients like almond oil, seed oil, aloe vera, chamomile, vitamins, proteins, etc. You can choose it specially for your type of nails. I like to use nail polish removers with perfume because I don't like the smell of them. There are lots of perfumes available. I don't recommend any brand of removers. The perfect one must remove nail polish quickly and gently.


9. File your nails correctly!
To keep your nails at their strongest, avoid filing in a back-and-forth motion - only go in one direction.   I like to shape my nails to rectangular shape because I have very long and strong nails. I can afford it because it's not easy to break my nails! They're really strong! When I had shorter and thinner nails, I shaped my nails to round shape. Round shape is more suitable for short nails. It's my personal opinion and this habit suits and works on my nails really good. Another very important thing is to choose proper emery boar or nail file in accordance to the quality, shape, and length of your nails. Nail masters advise us to use different emery boards or nail files for different nail shapes and lengths. Natural nails are better to be filed by cardboard- or rubber- based nail files or even those made of glass. Don't use the metal nail file, because it tends to split nails. If your nails are strong enough then you can use diamond, sapphire or ruby nail files, but if your nails are split and thin you should file them with emery boards made of rubber. By the way for such nails can also be used files made of ceramics that can gently give your nails a proper shape.  Finally, cut-glass or glass nail file is the most appropriate for nail sanding and smoothing, while special sanding emery boards are used to get rid of nail unevenness and dark spots.

Fingernails grow about 1/8 inch every month, and toenails grow a little slower. With right care you can have long long this year! So, don't hesitate and notice your little beauties on your hands! They're your jewels! Remember, the appearance and health of your nails can tell something about you. So, I hope you will follow some of these rules and tips and this article will be useful for you.
Do you like it? Please let me know! I want to know your opinion! It would be very helpful.
Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for my next manicure!

information source: 

11 komentárov:

♥beauxs mom povedal(a)...

Great post very helpful, and your nails are beautiful!

Eris Tunney povedal(a)...

Hey! Great info :) Thanks for sharing this ^^

Nolitoshy povedal(a)...

great info! thanks!

Eileen povedal(a)...

Great post =] You have such nice nails! #3 is the most important for me. If I do everything else except #3, my nails will break ><

drinkcitra povedal(a)...

Wow your nails and cuticles look amazing. Thanks for the info!

Super cute super easy povedal(a)...

Thank you very much!:)

Jezika povedal(a)...

great info. Your nails look beautiful :)

stevesmith povedal(a)...

Hi,
Thanks for sharing.. Realy very much beneficial..

http://www.raymeds.com/

Super cute super easy povedal(a)...

Thnx :)

*-*-Lienka-*-* povedal(a)...

Mojou zásadou je mať ich vždy nalakované, keď nie, tak robiť veci nohami :D a nemať nechty vlhké, namočené vo vode.... Vtedy mi stačí jeden pohyb a je po nechtoch :) Ale na tejto fotke máš ozaj že krásne nechty!

Super Cute Super Easy povedal(a)...

:) Hej no, voda ich robi makksimi, ale tak na dovolenke sa vode neda vyhnut:D Dakujem pekne:)

Zverejnenie komentára

Thank you for leaving your comment! I read every single one and I'm here to reply. You can leave a message in English and I also accept simple message in "Deutsch":-D A samozrejme po slovensky/česky!